Here are the results of the Retromania - Back To The Eighties Readers' Poll!
As we expected, the votes were scattered all over the place, and the number of voters varied greatly from year to year. We did manage to put together some sort of lists though, so here we go...
- 1980 -
- Yes, you liked the title tracks. Priest didn't have a song called "British Steel"... several songs of theirs did get votes, but none of them got multiple votes.
- AOR year. As for the songs, "Don't" was the password for multiple votes.
- 1982 -
- Asia's year... Despite Toto getting multiple votes on the album chart, only one voter thought that their songs were worthy of a Top 5 slot... Album Oriented Rock?
- 1983 -
- The year of scattered votes. Only one album and one song got multiple votes, go figure.
- 1984 -
- 1,2... is this thing on? Despite being a good year for hard rock and metal, nobody really bothered to vote... not enough votes to compile a chart. Maybe our chart was so damn correct that you didn't want to object...
- 1985 -
- See above. One guy did vote two times with his list changing a little both times...
- 1986 -
- Another disappointing number of votes. Not enough data to compile a list. As if this year wasn't a good one?
- 1987 -
- A little bit better year when it comes to votes. No songs above others though.
- 1988 -
- You woke up and voted again... no song list, as each of you liked different songs.
- 1989 -
- A suprise winner, I think... the year of the debut albums with three first ones on the list. Same deal with the songs as previous two years.
As you might remember, we offered prizes to a few of the voters. We've now decided that the three most active voters will get the packages. They put a lot of effort into this, and it has to be applauded. So put your hands together for Sven, Martin and Steve! We've already contacted them personally via e-mail!