"All About The Album" - If you'd like to feature your band/album, email: urban
MEMORY OF A MELODY : "Things That Make You Scream "
Memory Of A Melody know a thing or two about "Things That Make You Scream". Their website states that "Memory of a Melody (MOAM) takes Rock Metal by its horns into a new era. Incorporating intricate riffs, guitar solos, and pounding rhythm. Mixing in a new style of grooves and powerful vocal melodies MOAM fills the gap between mainstream and underground." Mario Galdos (voc) answered our questions...
1. How has the reaction to your latest CD been?
It's been extremely positive. The band is honored by how many loyal fans we have.
2. How long did this CD take to make from start to finish, recording-wise?
About a year and a half.
3. What kind of 'sound', production wise, did you have in the back of your mind, prior to entering the studio?
We knew we wanted it to sound HUGE and original. We didn't necessarily want to add alot of effects, but wanted to focus more so on the talents we each have as musicians.
4. What kind of input did the producer have during the process?
Bryan Scott was the Producer of our record. He helped take the record to the next level. We're extremely proud of the work and influence he had.
5. And are you pleased with the final outcome? (sound - production wise)
6. Did the producer use any (weird) experimental miking and/or recording techniques?
We used a hand held microphone to record 100% of the vocals.
7. How did you go on about capturing your 'live sound' in the studio, or perhaps you didn't?
To piggyback on the question above the handheld microphone really captures the live energy in the vocals.
8. Please inform us about your favourite songs and lyrical highlights and why?
..I can't really name a favorite per say, however in respect to the lyrics, I really wanted the listener to feel the emotion and capture the energy of what I felt within the words and delivery. I was really happy with the end results as we moved through the process. There's a lot of great moments on the album.
9. Any overall theme of mood that you're trying to capture while writing:
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SCREAM....
10. Does your vision for coming up with music get affected at all by time?
Somewhat. However the big picture of the vision never changes. We always want to strive to be better than we were yesterday.
11. Did the record company interfere with anything on your "sound" and songs?
No record label, so no.
12. Are there any 'crazy' behind the scenes anecdotes from these sessions that you can share with us?
Sleep. haha! seriously, nothing is better if and when you're able to get some.
13. How would you describe the sound of your new CD to any potential new fan?
It's original, unique, and heavy filled with memorable melodies throughout. There's definitely at least one song for everyone on the record. It's a must have for any music lovers collection.
14. Who are your influences and heroes? (music-wise)
I've been heavily influenced by KoRn growing up.
15. If there's anything you'd like to add, say, please do:
Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this article. It's truly an honor. Thanks to all our SCREAM fans out there for all your support. We couldn't do it without you. Finally, be sure to check us out at thingsthatmakeyouscream.com (or memoryofamelody.com) to check out everything we have to offer. There you'll find our merchandise for sale, physical album for sale, along with lyrics to the album and links to iTunes, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Reverbnation and more! Hope to catch you at a show soon!
Interview questions by: Urban "Wally" Wallstrom,